Job Position – Librarian
Location - Kolhapur
A librarian is in charge of collecting, organizing, and issuing library resources such as books, films, and audio files. They work in a range of settings including public libraries, schools, and museums. Their duties include issuing resources, cataloging books, and conducting regular audits.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collect and catalog library resources including books, films, and publications.
• Help people locate reference and leisure reading materials.
• Maintain library records and ensure it is updated.
• Perform regular audits of the information and inventory on file.
• Educate patrons on how to properly search for information using the library databases.
• Manage budgeting, planning, and employee activities.
• Oversee the check-out process for books and other resource materials.
• Organize and host book sales, author signings, and other reading events.
• Clarify the use of library amenities and provide information about library policies.
• Make sure the library meet the needs of precise groups of users including postgraduate students and disabled students.
Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a public library.
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases.
• Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.ad
High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
• Bachelor’s degree in Library Science is preferred.
|Experience||0 - 4 Years|
|Industry||Education / Teaching / Training / Counselling / Academic|
|Qualification||Other Bachelor Degree, B.Sc, M.Sc|
|Key Skills||Library Management Library Automation Digital Library Library Science Library Software Librarian|
|Address||1785 E Ward, Ghugare Complex, G Enterprises Building, Shahupuri 4th Lane, Kolhapur Maharashtra Pin-416008|